- Our courses have been taught more than 1 million times. Our system was founded upon our experience of teaching English to more than 25,000 children from more than 300 schools in Hong Kong.
- Our courses support children aged 3-18 years old at School & prepare them for all the Cambridge University tests, Trinity College of London tests & the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education.
- We aim to provide children with rock-solid foundations in speaking, phonics, reading, writing and comprehension.
Our Teaching System is comprised of:
1. Revolutionary Curriculum
- Our curriculum has been uniquely created by a highly regarded team of educators, linguists, and instructional designers with over 40 years of English language teaching experience.
- We’ve invested more than HK$15 million developing controlled teaching materials that meets the English language requirements of the National Curricula in Hong Kong, mainland China, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the USA.
- Our curriculum is made up of 5 stages, 15 courses and 680 lessons of increasing difficulty. Each course lasts 36-42 lessons. Each lesson provides one hour of learning per week and follows an activity book that consists of six pages of instructional content and one reinforcement exercise page. Each lesson focuses on 20-30 learning goals which together determine the focus and content of each student activity book. Each course culminates in an academic level. By the time, children complete Level 15 they will have met more than 10,000 learning goals.
2. Step-By-Step Teaching Method
- We teach using a Step-by-Step method. Each lesson is slightly more challenging than the last. As a result, your child will advance in small, manageable steps, making sequential progress so that they acquire English language skills that last a life-time.
- Depending on the age of your child and the specific lesson, a 60 minute period of instruction typically consists of a variety of activities including speaking, listening, letter-sound correspondence, basic sight words, guided oral reading, comprehending texts, creative writing and critical thinking.
3. Total English Teaching Method
- We do not teach English using Chinese. Instead, we completely immerse the student in English and use teacher demonstration and guided learning to create students who can do their own critical and logical thinking in English.
4. Accredited Native-Fluent English Teachers
- Our teachers are trained professionals and strictly adhere to lesson-by-lesson teaching instructions to ensure consistent standards of teaching across all our centres. Our teachers are Native-fluent English teachers who have qualified in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, USA and other countries. Additionally, all teachers are thoroughly trained by us and contractually required to adhere to lesson-by-lesson teaching instructions. This approach ensures that your child will receive a similar standard of teaching regardless of whom or where your child is taught.
5. Individual Attention in Small Classes
- We teach in small classes of 3 – 4 students, as well as in 1-on-1 classes. ‘Private’ classes offer the student the opportunity to learn on a one-to-one basis, which some parents and students prefer. ‘Group’ classes however provide the best opportunities for group discussion and peer evaluation. Whichever option is chosen, our Teachers will lavish individual attention on your child and give them the differentiated instruction they need to succeed.
6. 360 Degree Student Care System
- We’ve developed a 360 Degree Student Care System that ensures each student progresses to the best of their ability & parents regularly updated about their child’s progress.
7. Proven Results in Asia.
- Our courses have been successfully taught in Asia for 16 years. In 2010, 90% of our students achieved 4+ shields in Cambridge University Tests. See here for more information.
* as of January 2012.